Home Buyer’s Inspection
Home inspections protect both the buyer and seller by helping all parties avoid expensive surprises and stressful real estate transaction delays.
A home inspection from Altamont Inspections, LLC is an unbiased and in-depth visual inspection of the structure and operating components. We encourage buyers to attend the inspection, ask questions, and voice concerns.
A home inspection is an opportunity for buyers to gain a better understanding of the condition of the property, and learn whether any items do not “function as intended” or “adversely affect the habitability of the dwelling” or “warrant further investigation” by a professional who specializes in the component in question. Areas that pose a potential safety or fire hazards are also addressed.
Home Seller’s Pre-Listing Inspection
A Home Seller’s Pre-Listing Inspection from Altamont Inspections, LLC provides you with the same comprehensive report and attention to detail as our Home Buyer’s Inspection, and it includes a free repair inspection.
Our pre-listing inspection report will arm you with valuable knowledge about your home’s current condition and will alert you to potential concerns ahead of a buyer’s inspection. Plus, it gives you time to shop for contractors and complete repairs on your time, avoiding the due diligence rush that accompanies a buyer’s inspection.
When you’re ready to put your home on the market, your pre-listing home inspection report becomes a full-disclosure marketing tool that can be linked to your online listing. Your report and repair records might even encourage the buyer to waive their inspection contingency, which could speed up the sale of your home.
We will observe the following aspects of your home:
STRUCTURE Condition of the Structural Components, including the Attic and Crawl Space or Basement – Construction Methods and Materials – Evidence of Moisture Foundation Movement – Water Penetration
ROOF Materials, Condition and Performance of the Roof Coverings, Flashings, Chimneys, Gutters and Downspouts – Vents & Trim – Skylight, Chimney & other Roof Penetrations
EXTERIOR Materials and Condition of the Exterior Cladding, Doors and Windows, Driveway and Walkways – Deck, Porches, Stoops & Railings – Lot Grading & Drainage – Eaves, Soffit & Fascia – Garage Doors, Safety Sensors & Openers
HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING
General Condition and Operation of the Visible Portion of the Furnace and Air Conditioning Units, Duct Work, Thermostat, and Air Filter
Fireplace Damper Door & Hearth
General Condition of the Electrical Service – Electrical Panels, Breakers & Fuses – Grounding & Bonding – GFCIs & AFCIs – Electrical Service Line & Meter Box – Main Disconnect & Service Amperage – Random Testing of Switches & Outlets, Light Fixtures, and Ceiling Fans
General Condition of the Walls, Ceilings, Floor Coverings, Windows & Doors, Cabinets & Countertops
General Condition and Operation of the Plumbing System – All Visible Supply Piping and Drains – Main Water Shut Off Valves – Water Heating System – Interior Plumbing Fixtures & Faucets – Drainage Sump Pumps with Accessible Floats
INSULATION & VENTILATION
Overall Condition of Attic and Crawl Space Insulation & Ventilation – Operation of Exhaust Fans
General Condition and Operation of the Major Appliances
Listing Inspection Marketing Package for Real Estate Agents
Why Have a Pre-Listing Inspection?
Wish there were a way to lessen the threat of your real estate deal falling apart over a home inspection report? Altamont Inspections, LLC’s Listing Inspection Marketing Package might be the solution you’re looking for.
- Don’t seller inspections kill deals by forcing sellers to disclose defects they otherwise wouldn’t have known about?
- Any defect that is material enough to kill a real estate transaction is likely going to be uncovered eventually anyway. It is best to discover and address the problem ahead of time, before it can kill the deal.
Other reasons to consider a Listing Inspection:
- Agents and sellers are alerted to any immediate safety issues found, before other agents and potential buyers tour the home.
- Sellers can choose their own home inspector, as opposed to being at the mercy of an inspector the buyer chooses.
- Sellers can schedule the inspections at seller’s convenience and can assist inspectors during the inspections, something normally not done during buyers’ inspections.
- Listing inspection reports help sellers see their homes through the eyes of a critical third-party, which may encourage sellers to be more realistic about asking price.
- Listing inspections give the seller time to shop for their own contractors and make repairs, relieving the agent of having to hurriedly procure repair estimates or schedule repairs as they would after a buyer’s inspection.
- Listing inspection reports might influence buyers to waive their inspection contingencies or reduce the need for last minute re-negotiations.
(source: InterNACHI Seller Inspections: Streamlining Real Estate Transactions)
Digital Home Inspection Reports
Altamont Inspections, LLC uses HomeGauge reporting software which enables seller’s inspection reports to be linked directly to the home’s MLS listing. Potential buyers can view the report with a single click prior to scheduling a showing, a time-saving step that provides full property disclosure.
Here’s how the Listing Inspection Marketing Package works.
Step 1: A Home Seller’s Inspection is performed on your listing.
Step 2: Discuss the report findings with the seller to determine if repairs will be made.
Step 3: If no repairs will be made, the inspection report will be immediately linked to the MLS listing. If repairs are planned, we’ll perform a free repair inspection once repairs are complete. The inspection report will then be revised to reflect the repairs, and linked to the online listing.
“This Home Inspected by Altamont Inspections, LLC” yard signs are also available to let passersby know your listing is move-in ready.
Pricing for the Listing Inspection Marketing Package is based on the home’s heated square footage and age. Radon gas testing, water testing, and pest inspection scheduling are also available. Contact us to request a rate quote!